«We strive for a protagonistic practice of law that fights for human rights, that gets involved against the world’s injustices» Fernando Pombo
We have the conviction that our social responsibility is reflected in the contributions the Firm makes to society by means of our basic business activity, our social and humanitarian action programs and our commitment to public interest.
In 2004, the Corporate Responsibility Committee was created in order to establish goals, priorities and lines of action for the ethical and socially responsible management of the Firm. Since 2011, our corporate responsibility actions are channeled through the foundation Fundación Fernando Pombo, whose mission is to promote social responsibility within the practice of law, backed by the values of the spirit of overcoming, rigor and generosity. The foundation works through the following instruments:
- Pro bono legal assistance to non-profit entities.
- Development, together with other foundations, of social responsibility within the legal profession.
- Promotion of social action activities, including:
- legal and general volunteer corps activities;
- environmental responsibility actions;
- employment integration policies in respect for disadvantaged persons;
- contracting of products and services from companies that hire disabled persons;
- A social observatory involving the fundamental right to the presumption of innocence.
The Firm’s commitment extends to environmental matters: the Firm has the validation by AENOR of the Environmental Management System implanted at the Madrid office (Environmental Policy and Annual Environmental Statement) and is adhered to the EMAS Community system for management of environmental audits.
Gómez-Acebo & Pombo has among its values to promote equality among people, with regard to their sex, race, religion or ideology.
Furthermore, in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 3/2007, of March 22, for the effective equality of women and men, in 2010 the Firm created an equality committee. Among its functions is the priority to monitor the compliance with the requisites of said law in the following aspects: configuration of workforce, training, remuneration, professional promotion, harassment and conciliation of professional and personal life.